Sunday, January 30, 2005

Who's In Charge?

It certainly wasn't the last time my parents would be summoned to a school of mine, but it might have been the first. I was in the first grade at Clegern Elementary School in Edmond, Oklahoma and my parents had just gotten a call from my teacher. It seems there was a problem with their son, and she wanted to talk about it with them.



It seems my class had just gone through picture day the day before. We had all filed into the gym in an orderly manner and were taking our places on the risers, when the problems started.

"Well, you see, he was telling all the kids where to go and where to stand," the teacher told my parents.

My parents sat and looked at the woman. She was a young teacher, her first year, but she could tell that my parents hadn't understood the seriousness of the event.

"I don't understand the problem," my mother said.

"Well, the problem was," she whined. "They were all listening to him."

No comments: